Sunday, November 15, 2009

Welcome Mary-Ann

Please welcome Mary-Ann Brewster-Leroy of South Africa. Her diagnosis is arachnoiditis. Email her at mary-annb@xsinet.co.za

Mary-Ann says:

"I have just been diagnosed with arachnoiditis and have looked on
the internet for articles. I feel very frightened as the doctor who
diagnosed me let the phsyiotherapist tell me then he left for overseas.
I am 58 years old and normally nothing knocks me down but this is just too
much.How does this progress? Is it quick or is it over many years. I need
to prepare my future life.
My husband is 84 years old and my daughter and family leave for Austrailia
soon then I have no-one.I am so frightened."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary Ann,
    I am so sorry for your recent diagnosis. I am 46 and have had this for almost 20 years. Everyone changes at a different rate and some have less pain than others. I was able to work for 10 years after my surgeries, if you have read my bio in the LWA co-founder section, you might remember. After the first 10 years it has been going down hill pretty fast. Write to me and I will respond with anything I can possibly help you. God Bless you! Cindy Hellman, Co-founder LWA.

    ReplyDelete