Monday, November 9, 2009

Message from Jon McHann, Cofounder

Jon sent in a message and asked if we would post it for readership:

I have great admiration for Dr. Jones. When I was first diagnosed, her published work was the first thing I ever read on A.A. and I use her work constantly as a resource. I have recomended her work to every single person I have responded to through LWA and privately. OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Life has really slowed down for me. Pain dictates what I do and how fast it gets done. I only go to town now for appointments, and I have days when I cant take very good care of myself. I try to get out and walk with my animals once per day. Most of the time I get out to the barn, sit in the doorway where I have a chair. And hold court with a pail of cracked corn. I have not even been able to get to church for months now.

I am planning a trip to Huntsville, AL. to see my "local" leading neurosurgeon. We will talk about what can be done surgically for long term pain relief. My body is having a real hard time processing medications. So I now live in high pain 24/7. I am open to what he may have to offer, but I am not expecting anything. Deteriorating disease in my Cauda Equina is progressing, and of couse my lumbar AA just above that is constantly agitated due to that deterioration. I have lost all feeling in my pelvic area, and dowm both legs to my knees, then constant pain from my knees down. Any vibration sets off the A.A. symptoms. I spend most of my time sleeping in 2 hour periods all day. Bladder and bowel issues take up a fair bit of time.

Computer time for me is now down to a half hour a day a best. I dont even open alot of mail that contains humor type stuff as I don't want to waste my time, when I could be writting a letter like this one. Karen I am so proud of how you have carried on. The only thing I would like to see is possibly a closer knit membership. But that will come in time as we (LWA) is still young. I am fading fast here Karen, would you be so kind as to post this to F.B. for me and the LWA site. I am writing you personally first! It may be nice to use this as an update for folks as I "dont get out much anymore".

The relationship with God and his son, my saviour keeps me positive and in my trenches doing my battle every day. There is no way I would be here enjoying my animals, a great relationship with my wife and family without Jesus by my side.

God Bless You and all LWA members
Jon McHann

No comments:

Post a Comment