Friday, November 27, 2009

Update on Karen Kovacik

Progress Updated to November 27, 2009:

I am so very thankful. A little over a year ago my life was looking pretty bleak. Right now, life looks promising and I am narcotic free now for over 6 months. Diazepam free just about 6 months. This morning, for the first time, I did my hike up the mountain with 2 tylenol and NO robaxin. Made 4.6 miles handily and it may be time to look at titrating off robaxin.

For a few months now I have had twice weekly therapy. The ascorbic acid (vitamin C) seems to work best for me at 40 grams with 4 grams of magnesium. Dr. Holsworth also added a glutathione push (GSH) after each C/mag IV and it has worked beautifully. The second treatment of the week is phosphatidylcholine infusion with GSH push followed by sterile water.

Almost all leg nerve pain is gone ... most of the time. It kicks up when I go skiing. I can lift my grandson (about 35#), I can load 20# bags of bird seed and dog food into my shopping cart! The past few weeks I can crawl into bed at night without pain creeping in after a few minutes .... and I mean *no* pain. I've teasingly told Dr. Holsworth, "If I get any better, you won't be able to stand me!" I am so thankful and so very humbled by the progress we've made. What a gift to have Dr. Holsworth on my team.

To stay updated on my activities, send me a friend request on Facebook. Look up Karen Kovacik and in your friend request message box please identify yourself as having read my profile on Life With Arachnoiditis.

Go to www.acam.org to learn more about alternative medicine.  I've learned the "impossible just takes longer!" I am very close to having my life back ... it will be a life long journey I believe.

God bless you all. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything.

Karen

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely SUPER news Karen! I am anxious to find out how the other test patients are fairing; especially the ones that have had this a long time. Please keep us updated. We could not ask for better news.
    We need others to start treatment ASAP! And that means me too.
    Cindy Hellman, co-founder LWA

    ReplyDelete