Sunday, November 15, 2009

Welcome Candi White

Please welcome Candi White of Florida. Candi's diagnosis is epidural fibrosis, fibromyalgia, brachial neuritis or radiculitis. Candi's email address is
candee2b@aol.com

Candi says:
"i am 44 years old. my first surgery was 13 yrs ago, a discectomy for a ruptured disc. my second surgery was 21 months ago, a interbody lumbar fusion with instramentation at L-5 and S-1. i did great until 5 months after surgery, i started feeling alot of pain, kept getting worse, tried pt, made it worse. i was diagnosed with severe epidural fibrosis of the L-5 and S-1 nerves. i have tried epidural injections and am now on pain managment with narcotics. i am in pain all the time and have to walk with a cane most of the time. when i go shopping, i have to go wherever there are scooters. i cannot pick up or do many things with my 2 year old grandson. i also have a herniated disc pressing on my spinal cord at C-4 and C-5 which caused chronic pain, headaches and my arms to constantly fall asleep. i drop things all the time. i also have just recently been diagnosed with fibro myalgia and am on cymbalta. can't take lyrica, makes me feel drunk. Thank the lord for my husband!
, he is the most understanding, wonderful loving man in the world and i could not get through this without him. there is nothing they can do so i try to deal with this the best i can. i applied for disability one year ago, they denied me two times. i have a lawyer and we filed an appeal 7 months ago. just waiting. before all this happened, i was a regional manager of one of the largest appraisal companies in florida. now i can't sit for more than 15 min, stand for more that 5 and cannot walk very far. there is nothing i can do for work and my husband is doing all he can. the medical bills are killing us. i have great faith in the lord and know this is happening for a reason, i just don't know what it is yet. thanks for listening. i pray for a miricle."

2 comments:

  1. Dear Candi,
    I am so sorry to hear of your problems. I can relate exactly. If you have read my co-founder bio, you might remember my problems started at age 27, 20 years ago, and I had two surgeries, the second an interbody fusion (lumbar) like yours with hardware. The surgeries were 4 months apart. I was royally messed up with the last fusion and even more injured by the epidurals. I have gone down very badly during the last 3 years, but not every one has this problem. You will be in my prayers and feel free to write to me anytime. God Bless you! Cindy Hellman, cofounder LWA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kellie,

    Three weeks ago, I was busy training for a 1/2 Iron Man Triathlon. Two weeks ago today, I woke up with the most unrelenting and crippling pain of my life.

    I am just beginning to deal with awful pain. I was diagnosed with Brachial Neuritis after an I woke up in agony two weeks ago. I am hoping to have this diagnosis confirmed today after an MRI and Nerve Conduction Test with a Neurologist. I have dedicated my blog:

    http://tweedlebeetletriatheletle.blogspot.com/

    to communicating my trials as I battle this issue (I really don’t even know what it is) and I am hoping to pull as many people who are afflicted with brachial neuritis to my blog and offer this space as a forum and community to help each other.

    Please stop by if you have any thoughts, rants, feelings, recommendations or just words of encouragement!!!

    Thanks… Tweedle Beetle

    ReplyDelete