Thursday, May 13, 2010

Welcome Louise Semadeni

Please welcome Louise Semadeni of Missouri. Louise has Adhesive Arachnoiditis, CES, Cervical DDD&disc bulging, Pinched cervical nerves causing pain and numbness in arms and hands. Louise's email address is Mamalou@churchlight.org.

Below is the information submitted on May-12-2010 21:41 EST

Suggesting a provider: Lemons Center of Behavioral Health

Louise says:

"I have had Adhesive Arachnoiditis since 1970 from mylegram dye after a car accident with a drunk driver. I was It was actually diagnosed in 1984 and treated with a series of epidural injections every other day for 10 days. If only I knew then what I know now. They didn't do anything good. A few years later I got an SCS which didn't help the pain and then got infected so it had to be removed. Through those 14 years I found that I was allergic to all but one pain medication. Between 1970 and now I have had 37 surgeries on various parts of my body. 10 of those were spinal. 8 lamanectomies and 2 fusions - L2 thru S1.
17 years ago I started working with a pain management psychologist who has helped me learn how to live with Arach not just survive it. My faith is my strength. I have been a member of COFWA for over 10 years but I have had technical problems with Yahoo and I can't seem to post there anymore. I guess it is time to move on.
After 40 years I have been through it all I think. Way too many days and weeks in hospitals. I use a power wheelchair 100% of my day. My legs and feet are mostly numb now but I still feel "bee sting" sensations around my lumbar spine. Recently I was told I have quite a bit of cervical damage now including DDD, bulging discs, and pinched nerves. So now my hands and arms are compromised as well! But, the blessings never stopped. I am the mother of 2 incredible sons. MIL of 2 beautiful daughter's in law. And Nana to 3 fabulously smart, beautiful and talented grandchildren aged 10mos, 5 and 14. No, I'm not biased! Presently I am living with my husband and two furry critters who take very good care of us. They are both rescue dogs who are spoiled rotten but help me feel lots of love everyday. I still love to laugh as much as possible and that keeps me smiling."

No comments:

Post a Comment