Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cofounder Health Update Sunday May 30, 2009

Partial insert of a note written by Karen Kovacik, one of the cofounders of LWA, to other LWA cofounders follows. I wanted to share with our readership:

Last night I put the bottle of narcotics away in the "emergency" drawer. Where those items go that you might need once a year. As I have not had narcotics since last Monday, I feel the withdrawal issues are pretty much behind me. They were not friendly.

Thursday I hiked 4.6 miles, Friday I hiked 4.6 miles, yesterday I hiked 4.6 miles and another 1.2 miles around 7pm with my retriever and played frisbee with him.

Last night I slept the entire night - EIGHT hours ... without waking. I have not done that in over 20 years. The world looks different outside a drug induced haze. Last night, I took 1500mg robaxin plus 20mg diazepam (which is not much for me based on past usage). It was the second night in a row with only one dose of medications at bedtime.

I cannot believe what I have come through AND that I have come this far in what seems such a short period of time. This treatment started around Nov 2008 on a more sporadic basis but really kicked into high gear within the past 6 weeks or so ...... what I can tie to this particular time frame is weekly IV without fail (from Apothecure .... special compound), purer form of natto PN20K in higher doses, increase of D3 to 6000 IU per day and resveratrol.

To say I am overwhelmed with emotion at this progress is an understatement. I have no words to express my profound gratitude to everyone involved and for your support even in the face of "research" saying this can't be done. I do believe I still have arachnoiditis .... I don't know if I will always have it. I also believe we've proven it can be put into a state that is not "inflammatory" and remission and/or improvement is quite possible for many people if we keep knives and chemicals away. Don't EVER believe "there is no cure." Until a person achieves "Supreme Being" status, they are IGNORANT if they say, "there is no hope, no cure." The body/mind connection is also impressive.

As for MY life, I've decided to devote more time to LWA and other non profit efforts, promoting health and "living my life." My personal life is non existent due to non health related circumstances beyond my control. That's OKAY!! Dealing with AA has taught me it does not need to be that way. Yesterday I listed my home in South Fork for sale. Many of you know my lodge is already for sale. I'll be "around" as these events unfold. These actions will free me up to be anywhere at anytime to further this and similar causes. At all times I will remain in contact and "near" you plus those that come within our realm of influence and my friend/treating physician (if your treating physician isn't your "friend," get another physician) to see how far I can take this "cure." I just plan to see a lot of highway, lots of beaches, perhaps some politicians (I'll wash my hands after the politicians!).

I am looking forward to having you on board and to seeing you become as well as you can personally be.

Much love and may God bless our efforts.

Karen Kovacik
Cofounder LWA

Karen Kovacik

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to hear your news and the exuberance in your voice. Yes,somehow I hear your voice. You are such an inspiration to everyone. I wish you weren't so far away cause I would love to go hiking with you.

    ReplyDelete