Saturday, April 24, 2010

Please welcome Mark McLaughlin of Pennsylvania. Mark's email address is radagahst@aol.com and he welcomes your email.

Mark says:

"I have had an interthecal pump for the past 11 years. I am getting about 18 mg/day of dilaudid through the pump also a local anesthetic and an anti-hypertensive. For about a year and a half I have been experiencing bouts of intense burning in my legs that is not helped at all with medication. My legs also feel like they are vibrating all the time. My pain doc does not want to go any higher with the medication in my pump. He has been given me a couple of epidural injections over the past 8 months. The first one helped for a while, the second less so. I am concerned that there isn't much more that can be done for me and the pain will become completely unmanagable."

1 comment:

  1. Mark, I had an intethecal pump dispensing 14 mg Dilaudid per day. This drug is the primary cause of my relentless burning 3 years after the pump's removal. Anyone can be sensative to any chemical introduced into their body. Not to be an alarmist, but....I would be concerned.

    ReplyDelete