Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Please welcome Cara Crump of Missouri

Please welcome Cara Crump of Missouri (she is moving to Montana in November 2010). Cara would love to hear from you. Her email address is ilovegummmybears@yahoo.com.

Cara says:

"I am cara im 27 years old. i had epidural steroid injections in februdary, and when they didnt help, i underwent arthoscopic micro discectomy (AMD), on 4-7-10. since a week and a half after my surgery, i have never felt so much pain in my life. it feels like someone is trying to saw of my leg, or stabbing me with a knife. i have spasms so bad that i scream and cry. i have not slept hardly at all since the pain started ( its been 10 days now) and when i do get to sleep i wake up crying. no medicine that they prscribe can help my pain. i am on oxycontin and it doesnt even take it a notch down, only makes me tired.im on meds for spasms inflammation and antisezure meds, but nothing helps. i just had my mri today and met with my doctor, and he said i had arachnoiditis. when i was in his office i didnt ask alot about it because the name sounded funny, i thought is he talking about a spider? he told me that all the nerves in my back are completely inflammed and appear to have been so for quite some time. he is confused because there is no rehernitaion after he removed my disc and my muscle strength isnt lacking. he doesnt know what happenend or why im in so much pain just that i have all this inflammation. he then put me on a steroid pack to help with the inflammation to try to break it down. he is hopeful that he can get my pain under control, but i am just scared. i read everything about it when i got home and i am so sad. how can i deal with this for the rest of my life? after 10 days i feel like i cant take it anymore, and to read this im just so confused and hurt and scared. my wedding is in june and i can barely get out of bed. i want to be well enough to experience my wedding. can someone help offer support, things that have helped them through the pain? i dont know what to do and i just need someone to help me
thanks
cara crump"

No comments:

Post a Comment