Tuesday, March 31, 2009

IV Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) Treatment

Many of my closest friends know I am participating in treatment seeking cures for inflammatory processes that are at work in arachnoiditis.

It has been so rewarding and also so difficult at the same time. I've tried to stay upbeat. For the most part, have been so. I am running, not walking, the race. So many lives depend on more successes. I've promised myself I will sprint to the finish line.

Last night was one of the more difficult times I have experienced in this process. The dosage we tried yesterday was higher and not preservative free. I have so many allergies from so many insults to my body that I need preservative free product. Premedication is necessary and I will need to up the dose for the next IV. Only during the early morning hours did I know I would not need a trip to the emergency room. There were times last night I wondered how I could go through another one of these treatments. It is daylight, my face is puffy from the allergic reaction, am bleary eyed, teary and so tired. BUT I have no back pain, no leg pain, and I can walk and balance! Muscle spasms are virtually gone today.

I am here, and so the cause continues. Yesterday on the way home, Lizzie and I stopped in Alco waiting on prescriptions from Jack's Market next door. There was a sale on some rustic little items that really caught my attention with me being a philosophy major. Little did I know I'd look over at them this morning wondering, "How will I get through today?" Sitting next to me is the one that says: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

It is morning now. I feel like it is time to go to bed for the day. In my heart of hearts, I believe I walk this path due to the strength in my heart and soul .... but I might need new shoes as mine are beginning to wear from the shards of glass in my path.

I need my friends, I need some prayers, and I need courage because, just today, I am ready to stumble.

IN THE END, WE WILL MAKE IT and I ask you all to STAND UP AND FIGHT WITH ME.

Love to you all,

Karen

2 comments:

  1. I reread you email to me and this blog again. I tried to respond last night but it didn't go through. You are such an inspiration and I admire your preserverance. You are certainly in my prayers. Here's to a great day, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, Thank you. Things are fine today. Just tough sometimes. I appreciate your prayers. We WILL beat this thing ..... Karen

    ReplyDelete